Our complaints policy
Legalmatters Limited is committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our complaints procedure
If you have a complaint, please contact Lucy Thomas. You can write to her at The Byre, Hills Barns, Appledram Lane South, Chichester PO20 7EG, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What will happen next?
- Within three working days of receipt of your written complaint, we will send you a letter or email acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain any details. Your file and any other documentation relevant to your complaint will be reviewed.
- Your complaint will be recorded in our central register.
- If appropriate, we will suggest a meeting at this stage. We would hope to be in a position to meet with you in this way no longer than 14 working days after first receiving your complaint. If you would prefer not to meet, or if we cannot arrange this within an agreeable timescale, we will write to you fully setting out our views on the complaint and any redress that we feel to be appropriate.
- Within three working days of any meeting, we will write to you to confirm what took place and any steps that we have agreed.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, please let us know. We will then review our decision again.
- We will let you know the result of the review within five working days of the end of the review. At this time, we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.
- Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:
- Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint and
- No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
- No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.
Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9am to 5pm.
Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ
Please feel free to contact us at any point to discuss your complaint.